July 12, 2010

Don't Wait

If Christians were persecuted in America (I'm talking large-scale), churches would be smaller, fewer, and much more cohesive and active. My evidence behind this is the early church as described in the New Testament and churches today that are facing persecution in countries around the world. I'm not here to say whether you will face true religious persecution in your future; I have no idea.

Here's my point: How would your faith change under persecution? You would either have to leave it completely behind or hold onto Jesus really tightly. You'd be praying and reading your Bible everyday, grabbing every chance you can get to pray and fellowship with other Christians, and you'd constantly be on the lookout to share your faith to the right people at the right time.

Do you want to have to make those adjustments if persecution happens?
32"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come. 34It's like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with his assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.

35"Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. 36If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. 37What I say to you, I say to everyone: 'Watch!' "

-Mark 13:32-37

I'm living the next five minutes
Like these are my last five minutes
Cause I know the next five minutes
May be all I have
And after the next five minutes
Turn into the last five minutes
I'm taking the next five minutes
And start it all over again

-Next 5 Minutes by Steven Curtis Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment