January 25, 2013

Conversations

There is a friend with whom I keep up with.  Whenever I talk with this gentleman, God moves and stirs something in my heart.

Among other things, we discussed witnessing, actively and passively; that is, speaking explicitly about Christ, and living in such a way that points toward him.  I was talking about witnessing explicitly in the workplace, and how I want to directly inject Christ into my conversations but oftentimes struggle to, how it feels forced and I don't do it.

He said "Don't try to force Christ into the conversation; relax and let Christ shine through that way."

While it's not scripture, I have found it helpful to think of witnessing in this frame of mind, instead of over-thinking it and trying to force things.  The main thing, scripturally, is not to be ashamed:

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this sinful and adulterous generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels. [Mark 8:38]
Yup.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment